Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

When You Are With Me - Poem by Sophia White


When You Are With Me

The sun comes after the rain
And the lost come home again
The seasons each tarry a while
Bringing shares of tears and smiles
All is well, all is well,
All is as it should always be
When you are with me.

The night is silver, the day gold,
The flowers young, the forest old,
Every new day is a puzzle to solve,
Old wounds heal and enemies absolve.
This is the world, this is the world,
As perfect as ‘twas meant to be
When you are with me.

Dreams come true, and wishes too,
Hopes are many and sorrows few.
My steps are light and debonair,
In step with the melody in the air.
Lovely is life, so lovely is life,
It’s better than I thought it would be,
When you are with me.

Sophia White

No comments: